Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Felicia Jordan Page Another Black Business Owner!



So Felicia you are a Retail Clothing Store Owner. What's the name of your Store?  Simply Beautiful Retail & Consignment


Who are your customers? Men Women Juniors etc..

Felicia customers are Infants, Women, Juniors and Ladies

What do you sale?

Felicia answers,"Clothes, Shoes, Hats, Jewerly, Purses, Pageant Dresses, Ardyss Body Shapers and Nutrition Products."

What is your price point?

Felicia, "My Price Point is focused on Low Income and Middle Income Families."

Do you advertise? If so, Is it within your budget? Advertisement is very expensive.

Felicia, "Yes, I Advertise in two Local Newspapers that are within my Budget."

Does your Customers give you feedback on the Items you carry?

Felicia, "Alot of my Customers Comment and give me Suggestions on Items that they have not seen in this Area, and would like for me to carry."

You know it's Impossible to satisfy Everyone.

Felicia, "It is Impossible to satisfy Everyone, but I am always open to Suggestions."

Where is Your Store located?

Felicia, "My Store is located at 316 North Magnolia Street( Downtown Laurel)"

What City and State?

Felicia, "Laurel, Ms."

What is the Contact Information for Your Business?

316 North Magnolia Street
Laurel, MS 39440
(601)399-4599PH
(601)399-4593FX
simplybeautiful39440@yahoo.com E-Mail
www.myspace.com/simplybeautiful39440

How is the Job Market?

Felicia, "The Job Market here in Laurel is very slow. Alot of people are moving to seek Jobs or Better Jobs to support there Family."

Are you affected by the economy?

Felicia, "No, because I Cater to the Low Income as well as the High Income."

How is the traffic?

Felicia, "I am in a Great Location, the Historical Downtown. Alot of Business have been here 30 or 40 Years. My Store brought about a Change to the Area."






How is the Area?

Felicia, "The area is nice, out of maybe 30 Businesses there are only 2 Black Own Business, I am one of those two".


Do you have many customers that support your store?

Felicia, "I have 5 White Customers that come in twice a week to see "What's New"."

What about the Black Community being that you are a Black Own Business, Does the Black Community Support you?

Felicia, "The Black Comunity here do not Support alot of the Black Businesses."

If so explain? If not explain?

Felicia, "I have some of the same Items that Other Businesses have, but they rather go to "Them" than "There Own"! Some of My Prices are Less."

Well, that's not Suprising to me! I find that many African Americans does not support Black Own Businesses. Neither do we have a great Support Foundation among each other as a Whole. Which is very Disturbing! Why do you think this is?

Felicia, "It is Very Disturbing how the Black Communty do not Support Black Business. I really can not Explain that."

I think many African Americans turn their backs because of Jealousy, Envy, among other things but those 2 are the key.  Well, that's another topic! Coming Up!  So, do you agree? If so explain. If not explain.

Felicia, "I do agree about the Part of Jealousy. I feel Anyone that put ther mine to Open a Business they can. Don't be Jealous of other Black Business. Go in and ask them what you need to do to open you a Business. We need more Black Businesses."

Do you think your business would do better if African Americans Shop with you more?

Felicia, "I think it would do alot better if the Black Community would Support Me more."

What are some of things you think can break this Cycle within the African American Community?

Felicia, "Education, Educate Our Community on finishing High School and going to College to open ther own Business. More Jobs, Higher Paying Jobs."

Do you have those People who come through, love Your Store, Who La Wooty Woo, This & That but never came back to Shop with You.

Felicia, "I have had alot of Customers that come in look and say they will be back and never do. but see them "Next Door" once a week."

What about your girlfriend or Family Member that started hating on you? Oh! Yea! Everybody close your mouths! Hmmm... Don't act like you don't know about that Friend/Friends or family member or members?! You may just be one of them... I'm just saying! I know you got one of those and you just didn't beleive it because you thought he/she would be there?

Felicia, "I had a Person that got very distant to me once I open My Business, we talked 2 to 3 times a day. Now if I dont call her once a week, I do not here from her. She has her "Own Business", had it over 10 years, and we do not Sale the same Stuff. I miss that Friendship, but there is no "Hard Feelings" between us. We just not like we use to be."

Who are your customers from a percentile ratio?

Felicia, "white 75%, blacks 10%, Hispanic 15%."

Overall do you enjoy what you do? Why?

Felicia, "Overall I enjoy what I do. I feel that I am helping and giving back to the Comminity."

How far do expect to go with your store? Have you ever thought of giving up? If so Why? If not Why?

Felicia, "I expect to go very far with My Business, I plan to ex-spand in January. I though about giving up in July. Business was very slow, I spent out more than what I brought in."

What gives you the drive to keep going?

Felicia, "My 3 Daughters give me my drive. I want to show them that they can be their Own Boss in Business."

What do we expect from you and your store in the future? Any new brand etc...

Felicia, "I plan to add more designer products."

Would you please refer at least 10 people to Daily Mayham?

Felicia, 'Yes, I will refer people to Daily Mayham. Thank You Tammy!"


This Article! I am very touched by, because this is one of the on going problems we face in Our Community, jealousy, ignorance etc... I'm touched because as a Business Owner myself, I can relate to Felicia and others frustration. There was a couple on CNN that commited a year trial, for shopping with Black Own Business only, I will let you know the outcome of that venture. What's your thoughts on this topic... It's  very touchy but needed topic.... Let's Talk.



Leave a comment....

No comments:

Post a Comment